The 2016 Internship Program is closed.
Thank you for visiting and think of us for the 2017 season.
Friends of the Hort Farm hire an intern each year to help maintain the collections year round. We generally work in the spring, summer and fall and require some knowledge of general garden maintenance practices. An understanding of general gardening equipment is a plus. You will become familiar with all of the plant collections. A general knowledge of the Horticultural Research Center is adventitious but not required. Compensation and work hours may vary.
General Intern Responsibilities:
- Edging, weeding and mulching collections
- Mowing and maintaining collections
- Labeling plants in collections
- Working with Curators of various collections
- Assisting with Bloom-Time Festival in May
- Assisting with FHF Annual Plant Sale in July
- Assisting Faculty and Staff research activities
- Construction of boardwalk and stone pathways
- Maintaining and developing trails
- Developing literature and signage for trial stations
- Invasive plant species removal